Take our very popular Shockwave spray skirt and add a little extra reinforcement on the sides of the rims, and you have our Shockwave Plus. A perfect skirt if you need something a little more stout than our Shockwave, but don’t need to go all the way to a class V style skirt like the Lucky Charm or Klingon. This bungee-style skirt comes in 4 deck sizes, and fits a wide variety of rims.
|Cockpit Sizes Available|
|Front rim reinforcement|
|Ease to get on boat (1 to 4 with 1=good; 4=best)|
|Dryness (1 to 4 with 1=good; 4=best)|
|Implosion Resistance (1 to 4 with 1=good; 4=best)|
|Durability (1 to 4 with 1=good; 4=best)|
The most accurate measurement for skirt fit is the circumference of your rim taken around the outside edge of your cockpit rim. Most common rim circumferences can be found at SkirtFit.com. If your boat is not listed, you can measure it with a fabric measuring tape. If you don't have a fabric tape, use a piece of string, mark it, and then measure the string. If you're feeling helpful, submit the measurement to skirtfit. It's a great website that's helping all skirt manufacturers.
Because boat manufacturers are generally making rims bigger and bigger, we have had to adjust our deck sizes. We know. It's a headache. But what can we do? Anyway. Our 2015 skirts have a light gray deck. These skirts will have a new fit chart- see below. Our older skirts have either a black or blue deck. They have a different, smaller fit- also listed below. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- If your rim is in-between sizes, tighter will be drier, but harder to put on. If you are running class IV whitewater, we typically recommend tighter.
- Bungee skirts tend to be easier to get on and drier, but implode easier. Rand skirts tend to be harder to put on, but are much more implosion-proof
- If you paddle a Pyranha Burn or Everest, we recommend a rand skirt.
- Proper skirt fit can be a process of trial and error. Have patience- we will too. Feel to call us with any questions. 814-395-9191
- For rims bigger than 100" see this article
2015 Deck sizing
2014 Deck sizing
|J-Lo Womens skirt||4||6-8||10-12||14||n/a|